With this plugin people who share links to your forum on social networking sites like Facebook or Google+ get a little preview of what the link is all about. If you don't know what the open graph protocol is, you can read up on it here: http://ogp.me/
- og:title is added automatically and is the same as your page title
- og:site_name is also added automatically corresponding to your specified banner title in the banner section of your dashboard
- og:type is set automatically to "website" or "article" depending on if you view a discussion or not
- og:locale is set automatically corresponding to your locale settings
- og:url is set automatically
- og:description is set automatically to an excerpt of the first post in the discussion that is being viewed. In order to also provide a description about your community please enter a description in the plugin settings. Here you are also able to set the word count of the automatically generated description.
- og:image is not set automatically: If you wish to add an image that is displayed besides the link when you share it on social networking sites, please enter a valid URL to that image. Your image must be at least 200px of width and height. You need to upload this manually via FTP or however you please and provide the URL to the image here.
That's it. Please let me know if you have any questions, found bugs or if you wish more features.
Thanks to pixeline for the addon SEOCompanion which helped me getting started.
0.1.3 -URLs are now removed in the description
0.1.2 -Bugfix for the og:locale tag.
0.1.1 -Added more detailed description about the image tag. Your image must be at least 200px of width and height.