Hopefully this is a useful implementation of the much requested SubCategory extension. My intention for it, was to create dead simple sub-categories. I wanted to avoid adding a layer of complexity to Vanilla's beautifully simplistic category management system, this extension should be completely compatible with other extensions.
You can now embed sub-categories into sub-categories, to an unlimited level!
To use, you simple prepend "- " to the category name that you wish to become a sub-category (add further "- "s to the front of the name, to attach it to ever deepening levels of sub-categories). Then order your sub-category so that it is directly below the parent category you desire for it. Yes, it's that simple.
Read the readme.txt for more usage guidelines.
0.2.2 provides some bug fixes.
Known problems are:
- 0.1.0b - First Beta
- 0.1.0 - First Release: Added parent categories links, finished removal of redundant dashes.
- 0.1.1 - Fixed one bug with categories beginning with only "-" and showing up as sub-categories in some places and another with category counts. General tidy up. Extrapolated SubCategories definition, and added a message to the Categories List Settings page. Also fixed a conflict with the Blog add-on (checks whether CategoryManager class exists before trying to include it).
- 0.1.2 - Added some functions to ease theming, see readme.txt
- 0.2.0b - Added the ability to have unlimited levels of sub-categories. Extrapolated sub-categories theme into overridable theme file (see readme.txt). Blocking sub-categories now works.
- 0.2.0 - Tidy up. Sub-categories now render by attaching to a delegate, which is overridable by altering configuration variables. Orphaned categories are now detected and displayed in some way. Problems with sub-categories being missed off of the end of sub-category list when after further nesting of categories fixed. Fixed problems with breadcrumb links in titles on discussions and comments pages. Fixed statistics for multiple nested categories.
- 0.2.1 - Still problems calculating sub-category and sub-discussion statistics with complex nesting of attached sub categories, and with breadcrumb of orphaned categories. Altered the way configuration is setup.
- 0.2.2 - Fixed a few problems with the deliminator causing havoc when placed later in the name and > in name, also another little tidy up of the code.
- 0.2.3 - Includes a fix which provides compatibility for extensions that overload the CategoryManager class (such as my forthcoming update to MultiRoles)