This application is released under the GNU GPL2 license.
Too many times have we seen posts about embedding, integrating, and unifying Vanilla with bloated blogging software. Current blogging add-ons modify discussions into blog posts. However, blog posts and discussions are completely different things.
- Article workflow consisting of draft, pending review, and published article states and based on permissions.
- Comments with threading for replies to the top-level comment.
- Guest commenting which is switchable globally with moderation and spam checks.
- File upload for article thumbnail and images.
- Top-level categories.
- Simple and clean presentation of articles.
- Stability and performance is of importance, and Vanilla 2.3+ is the target for compatibility.
The word "article" stands for content produced by both bloggers and journalists, and is interchangeable with "blog post."