Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Have discussions about a non-Vanilla item in your database.
DiscussionAbout lets you associate Vanilla discussions to a non-Vanilla item in your database of your choosing. For example, if you have "articles" in your database users can:
- Create a discussion about an article by visiting /yourforum/post/?article=123.
- See in the recent discussions list, category discussions list, and individual discussion page which article each discussion is about (with the article's title!)
- See a list of discussions about an article by visiting /yourforum/?article=123, or see a list of discussions about an article by a particular author by visiting /yourforum/?author=456.
- Add a foreign key to GDN_Discussion pointing to the table containing the items you want to have discussions about.
- Install the plugin (but don't enable yet!)
- In the plugin's folder, copy config-example.php to config.php.
- Edit the configuration in config.php. The relevant documentation is in there.
- Enable the plug-in.
No questions yet.