The DiscussionsGrid plugin can display discussions in a grid instead of the standard Vanilla list view. While this feat can be achieved with a theme, this plugin supports multiple themes,is responsive (even if the theme is not), and can turn the grid on and off based on a variety of rules.
The plugin purpose is to provide a "news-like" view (see sample screens).
In addition to providing grid-like view the plugin has these features:
- Optional display of embedded discussion images
- Optional display of discussion snippets (with an option to display the snippet only if an image is not displayed)
- Optional suppression of view/comment counts (useful to reduce information and support of themes that display counts in large blocks)
- Optional display of discussions tags (which are clickable links to filtered views)
- Optional display of a toggle menu (List/Grid option as appropriate)
- Option to limit grid view to specific categories (you can generate mix list/grid view in "Recent Discussions")
Through the plugin settings you can specify that the plugin will require permissions to view discussions as grids and to see the grid/list toggle menu.
That allows you to activate the plugin on selected users (or try it as admins only option).
The plugin has been tested on Vanilla 2.3 and 2.6. The configuration screen has been optimized for Vanilla 2.6.
- File Size
Vanilla 2.8.3 Compatibility
The community says this is broken.