Addons are custom features that you can add to your Vanilla forum. Addons are created by our community of developers and people like you!
These addons are for people who downloaded and set up their own Vanilla forum. Compare your downloaded version with the version requirements on the right.
If your Vanilla forum is hosted at VanillaForums.com, this addon may already be installed there.
UnsureThe community has said nothing.
The DiscussionTopic plugin (aka "Related Discussions") increase user engagement and enhance self-help by adding Topic sharing across multiple discussions. The plugin adds a Topic field to the discussion table and operates in several modes:
1. Manual - authorized users can manually add a topic to a discussion
2. Deterministic - by picking double quoted phrases from the discussion title or through "Priority phrases" defined by the administrator.
3. Heuristic analysis - through an approximation of linguistic analysis (English only) picking key terms as the topic.
4. Progressive- a combination of Deterministic and Heuristic modes
The most effective result is through the plugin side panel which shows the titles of other discussions sharing the same topic. Clicking on any one of the titles brings the appropriate discussion with the same side-panel, in effect allowing users to review related discussions.
I ran a test on the Vanilla forum (using the forum feed) and after simple setting of priority phrases (e.g. "Something has gone wrong") I was able to see related results.
Note: if you are upgrading from Version 3.1.4 you should follow this process:
1. If you modified the plugin en.php in the plugin locale folder make a backup of your en.php file
2. Disable the plugin, delete all files in the plugin folder
3. Install a newer version of the plugin
4. If you modified the plugin en.php in the plugin locale folder, replace the plugin locale.php with the backed up copy from step 1 above
5. Enable the plugin
Release 2.1 - First public release (Ported from an intranet implementation)
Release 2.2 Changes:
Release 3.1 Changes:
Some more code cleaning & style standardization
Release 3.1.4 Changes:
More code standardization
Fix minor errors (bypass for https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/issues/4391)
Release 3.1.5 Changes:
Plugin folder cleanup