This is an update for the old plugin "Closed For Maintenance"(https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/maintenance-plugin) made by Adrian Speyer (http://adrianspeyer.com/).
When you enable this plugin it will allow you to "close" your forum as you upgrade or make changes. You can customize the image by replacing the current one (maintenance.png).
Now when in Maintenance mode, a bar will show to remind you to turn off the plugin. When you disable the plugin, visitors can access the site again.
Note: Be careful not to sign out with the plugin enabled or you have to go back and remove it from the plugins folder to get back in as admin. This is made for someone to upgrade or make small tweaks and reopen the forum.
- Vanilla 2.6 compatible.
- Easily customizable, just replace one image.
- Now everything is customizable!
- [ADDED]New settings page for the plugin, it will allow you to fully customize the maintenance page!
- [UPDATED]Message showing method updated, old was jQuery, new interrupts PHP execution avoiding showing the content. Old method would allow users to skip|stop jQuery execution and could show sensitive data meanwhile administrators would be debbuging (Thanks for the advice @R_J).
- [UPDATED]New style, from this version the plugin doesn't uses themes.
- [FIXED]Image wasn't showing in some themes.
Please use the current GitHub repository to report any error related to this plugin: https://github.com/YaelDD/Vanilla2Plugins