Maintenance Mode 3.3
Now Vanilla 3.3 ready! For contributions or insights, visit the project on GitHub: https://github.com/oliveratgithub/vanillaforums-MaintenanceMode
When activated, an overlay is being displayed on your site, in order to prevent any User interaction.
Useful for situations where you need to make maintenance work in the background, without wanting to take the whole site offline. Like upgrading your forum, changing configurations, making backups, etc.
The addon supports the following languages out of the box:
English (incl. US & CA), Dutch, French, German
- Download & extract the addon's ZIP file
- Copy the folder MaintenanceMode into your Vanilla's /plugin/-directory
- Log in & browse to the Settings-Page in your Vanilla Forum: myforum.com/settings/plugins/
- Enable the listed "Maintenance Mode"-addon. BOOM, your Forum now displays a Maintenance notice!
Don't like the maintenance image?
You can replace the default image by putting any file named "maintenance.png" inside the Plugin's /design/-folder.
If you want to have a different Maintenance information-text, edit the matching "locale" file inside the Plugin's directory.
- Optimized for compatibilitiy with Vanilla Forums release 3.3
- Changed output of CSS to a .css-File & updated head inject
- Reworked HTML output
- For Admins / Site Managers, do not show the regular Maintenance overlay
- Added locale for Dutch (nl-nl) thanks to community contribution by @TienerForums
- Doesn't show the maintenance message on the Sign In page anymore
- Added a link below the maintenance message that directs to the Dashboard
- Supports locales for the Maintenance information text
- By Default supported locales: en-US, en-CA, fr-FR & de-DE
- Initial release