SphinxSearch Syntax Dropdown 1.0
Sphinx includes a lot of awesome syntaxes, but almost nobody remember to use them. Most of the users getting tired, trying to find what they are searching for.
This plugin allows you to list the syntaxes, and easy add it to the text-input with a single click.
- In "default.php" you're able to edit the Syntaxes.
- If you need to point to another input div, just replace "Form_Search" in the "dropdown.js", and you're good to go!
- The dropdown includes very bacis styling, cause of we're using Bootstrap for Vanilla:
(The style is basically included, for the option to test it, without editing the CSS-file)
In this version, the dropdown is only visible at the frontpage, loading at the "DiscussionsController_BeforeNewDiscussionButton_Handler" handler. Feel free to change it. The easiest way to find another Handler/Event is by using https://vanillaforums.org/addon/eventi-plugin.
Tested on Vanilla 2.1.22.
Requires Sphinxsearch plugin: https://vanillaforums.org/addon/sphinxsearch-plugin
- Loading on all pages (Or maybe only at frontpage + search result)
- Optionpage, if i have the time...
- GitHub if needed?
Thanks to Sphinx, for usage of the logo in the plugin-image.