Wysihtml5 for Vanilla brings you WYSIWYG editing like you've never before seen in Vanilla using the Wysihtml5 editor by Xing. It seamlessly integrates with Vanilla and delivers fully valid and semantic markup. It's super easy to use and fits right in with your theme out-of-the-box. Here are some of the highlights of Wysihtml5:
- It's fast and lightweight (smaller than TinyMCE, Aloha, ...)
- Auto-linking of urls as-you-type
- Generates valid and semantic HTML5 markup (even when the content is pasted from MS Word)
- Uses class names instead of inline styles
- Unifies line break handling across browsers by using paragraphs
- Uses sandboxed iframes in order to prevent identity theft through XSS
Besides that, it's compatible with all major browsers and degrades gracefully to a normal
textarea on unsupported browsers. You won't find a more useful WYSIWYG editor!
If you come across any bugs or if you have a feature request, please file an issue using the GitHub Issue tracker. Wysihtml5 for Vanilla won't be supported through http://vanillaforums.org so please stick to using GitHub for inquiries about bugs and feature requests. Thanks!
File a new issue or feature request