Missed the 3.0 release? Check out the upgrade & release notes here.
Hi everyone! The team has been hard at work over the last month fixing bugs and security holes and even squeezing in a new feature. There should be no breaking changes in this release so it should be a very straightforward update.
- Vanilla 3.x requires PHP 7.1 which is a change from earlier versions. We strongly recommend upgrading to PHP 7.3 as soon as possible. Many hosting plans allow a seamless transition via their control panel.
- Follow the normal upgrade process, including running /utility/update.
- Follow additional specific upgrade instructions.
- Test your plugin & theme compatibility in a safe place before upgrading your production forum.
Get over in the addon directory. https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/vanilla-core-3.1
Get it right here: https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/vanilla-core-2.8.4
This release contains CRITICAL security patches.
- Patched SSRF in HTTP client.
- Updated release file system permissions to be less permissive.
It has been brought to our attention that our file system permissions were far to open in our open source releases. These concerns were initially dismissed because in our version control repository and on all of our infrastructure the permissions were correct.
Thanks to the insistence of @R_J I discovered a bug in our OSS release build tool that reset all of the file permissions to 777 (very dangerous).
Starting in this release file system permissions are essentially 755 for directories and 644 for files.
Please upgrade to the latest version of Vanilla as soon as possible. No other changes from 2.8.3 are in this version.