Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Logged out after log in...

edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hey there. Every time I log into my Vanilla Forums on my server, I get logged out for some reason. It won't let me retain the log after a page redirect either.

Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

Make sure the user you're logging in as has a role and that that role has sign in permission.

• Weird thing is though, it won't let me back into the dashboard to see if that is set...

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

Try clearing your cookies.

• edited December 2011

Still nothing. I managed to also log into the dashboard via the login page for that. I'm set as an administrator though. I think there may be a bug on the main discussion page, because I can only retain a log in by going to /entry/signin?Target=dashboard%2Fsettings and even after that on the profile pages, I can't edit them becuase I get logged out...

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    edited December 2011

Is the Cookie Domain set properly in your config file? It should be either and empty string '', your full forum hostname 'whatever.mysite.com',
    or your top level domain with a period in front '.mysite.com'

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]