Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Best questions/discussions in 2013

onreaonrea New
edited December 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Quora.com and also stackexchange.com send to me a weekly digest which is a collection of their best topics.

Is there anyway to find Helpful and Informative topics on this forum from january to december. (the most visited and most popular discussions?!)

I'm reading old questions to be aware of special solutions, personalization and users customization which are posted here, but it's Time-consuming!

I'm new here, but I think you guys may want to introduce your best discussions/answers (in 2013) or other questions here.

Comments

• Options

grep is your friend.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

@onrea said:
    Quora.com and also stackexchange.com send to me a weekly digest which is a collection of their best topics.

Is there anyway to find Helpful and Informative topics on this forum from january to december. (the most visited and most popular discussions?!)

I'm reading old questions to be aware of special solutions, personalization and users customization which are posted here, but it's Time-consuming!

I'm new here, but I think you guys may want to introduce your best discussions/answers (in 2013) or other questions here.

Apparently the user community on Quora.com and also stackexchange.com actively take part by clicking, (here a user asks a question, and may read a few responses, may not give a followup, and may not click on a reaction, and might not read any other discussions except regarding their initial question at hand).

And the reason a best question or answer may not show up in

http://vanillaforums.org/bestof/everything

is due to apathy (if you don't vote, your vote doesn't count :) )

because it is partially based on people (voting) clicking reactions of awesome, insightful, etc.
    so, if the community doesn't use the reactions for "best questions,etc" it may not show up in best of. so, once again user involvement takes more than reading an answer or asking a question, it requires clicking reactions as well, if you want to help others find the best... So, it actually depends on community response to reactions as well, there is only so much the regulars (staff, volunteers who take time to answer questions).

Also, the nature of questions, on stackexchange are detailed questions with examples of code with specific solutions, the questions here are often ambiguous, and often require 10 more questions as followup to get the user to present all the necessary information, to actually answer a question, which may be very site specific.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.