Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Upgrading from 2.1b to 2.1_stable & moving to another webhost?

I have a production forum running a slightly patched version 2.1b and now I'm wondering on how to upgrade to 2.1_stable. I'd like to move from one to another webhost in the same step.

What would be the best way to do that?

Comments

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited May 2014

Check host form minimum requirements.

make a full mysql dump (not vanilla export) of the database, copy the files over, delete .ini file in cache. Ensure file permissions are correct. Import database. Check running.

The upgrade using the upgrade instructions.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Thanks, @x00‌, so first move site with exporting / importing the database with phpMyAdmin and once that's finished and working I upgrade. I'll make a test run later to see how this goes.

• Options

Get the site working then upgrade. basically

grep is your friend.

• Options

the cleanest way to export is use mysqldump if you have to use phpMyAdmin, make sure it keep all the data types and relationships intact (it uses mysqldump underneath)

grep is your friend.

• Options

I only have access to phpMyAdmin, so that one will have to do.

One other thought:

Would it be possible to start from a fresh 2.1_final installation, and just import template, database and uploaded files (/uploads/ folder)? If yes, how would you do this?

Not sure if this would give any advantage or disadvantage.

• Options

use the directions given, if you want minimal pain.

There isn't really isn't much difference between 2.1b and 2.1.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Test run successful. Thanks a lot, @x00 :)