Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Page Management "don't show in tabs" option

edited October 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Page Management is very useful to create some "static content", all inside the forum. But there is a way to make a page not appear on the tabs? I made a page "cover" and inside this I want to put some links to other pages without having tham all listed on tabs. Thank you, Satollo.

Comments

• Options
    So, you want to make a certain category of page (call it static) and not have them appear as tabs. How would you want to acces the information on those pages? Perhaps via links in the side panel?
  • Options
    At the current there isn't a way to do that, but it wouldn't be that hard an addon to make (assuming you were fine with hard-coding the content into the php file).
  • Options
    My idea is: I make a page, call it "cover". This page is visible in the tabs. I don't matter about other "fixed" tabs, like discussion, categories and so no. Those have to stay there. Let's go back to my "cover page": I will put it on tabs. Then I write this page with links to other pages I can make with page manager (as one can do with front page or dreamweaver). Those pages will be reachable with links directoly from thecover page, but without appear in the tabs line. There is no need to have page categories, tree structure and so, all will be made by hand.
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I started working with the PageManager extension to see if I could get it to do this. It appears that I have been successful in adding an additional parameter called visibility to the page. If you enter "visible" the Page tab should remain visible. However, if you enter "invisible", then it should not be displayed. My modification to this extension also builds a "Page Links" section in the side panel with the Pages that have been set to be invisible. I'm going to do some more testing locally before I put it on my forum.
This discussion has been closed.