Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

another dropdown challenge for css pro's with the same site

edited August 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
hello guys.. this is another challenge i have got with this dropdown menu. The first problem was fixed with the help of WallPhone (many thanks!!). Now, here is the second problem.

Please go to the link above using IE (no problems in FF, Opera, etc), and hover over the horizontal menu item that has GSM in it (third from the left). On brand pages, I have this html dropdown as a quick model jump tool, which is just below the hor menu to your right. And so, when you hover over GSM in IE, this html dropdown element (namely <select>), is still visible. It is higher or above the menu that appears.

Please help guys. Using a background won't help in here, as you know. So, what should I do?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2007
    Mark had the same problem... I think. http://lussumo.com/swell/49/this-is-progress/ ps: it is working correctly in IE7.
  • Options
    this is another problem, i suppose. But thanks anyway. Here is how the problem looks in IE:

select problem

Please help me out guys.. I really hope you can help me.. thanks
  • Options
    The only way I've fixed this problem in the past (messy but worked) was by adding mouseover/mouseout events to that dropdown, hiding the offending elements and showing them again, respectively.
  • Options
    yes, thank you. i thought of that, but then this select element would dissapear, right? and this is not quite a solution.. thanks anyway
  • Options
    what success have had by placing the over-riding, search-box above the menu-and-drop-down-lists ? this arrangement will never have the drop-down-lists covering the search-box. good luck.
  • Options
    Check-out this bgiframe jquery plugin. That will solve your problem.
  • Options
    I guess this is IE6 as it looks fine in IE7...
  • Options
    this is an old, well-documented ie6 behavior. there's a fix here as well as many others in other places.
This discussion has been closed.