Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Help! Chinese characters become "?"

edited May 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I installed the Chinese pack, and the Chinese interface works perfect but in those reply & topic the Chinese characters become "?" It's 1.1.4 ,and I add $Configuration['DATABASE_CHARACTER_ENCODING'] = 'utf-8'; to conf/settings.php

Comments

• Options
    I think the Chinese character encoding is something else, try doing a Google search, I'm afraid the only word I know in Chinese is "Kook-bo" that's the tea we order at Yum Cha!
  • Options
    OK my problem has solved,mysql encoding Thanks a lot
  • Options
    Hi, wslight, I got the same problem. Could you tell us how to solve it? Thankz.
  • Options
    billtwy

1)check your settings.php if it has the $Configuration['DATABASE_CHARACTER_ENCODING'] = 'utf-8'; line, if not added it
    2)check your phpmyadmin for what connection it uses on default - should be utf8_general_ci
    3)check your database tables, they should be collated as utf8 , if not you need to follow these steps to re encode your database -Vanilla UTF8 wiki

I had similar problem and this is how I fixed mine - Japanese comes up as ?????? # 3

Cheers
This discussion has been closed.