Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Newbie questions and upgrading from 1 to 2

edited March 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi, I am new to Vanilla and have just downloaded V1 1.1.10 yesterday. It is looking great, I really like it, so much more than a standard forum board. Very nice!

I used the theme like vanilla2 (thanks for that) and am changing the CSS slightly to suit my own style.

What I can not find is; if I can upgrade from V1 to V2 - and without wrecking what I have done already.

To be honest I think I would be content with what I have got, but I do have a burning need for custom pages and that appears to only work on V2. (Can the custom pages be set so it is the index landing page?)

I also need to run a poll independently of any running discussion thread. Any ideas if this is possible?

many thanks
David

Comments

• Vanilla 2 is currently in an unreleased state, so you can't seamlessly upgrade right now.

Once V2 is released, you should be able to transfer all user data over without a hitch. However, any customising you do with addons will not, by default, be transfered over. You will need to check that there is an equivalent V2 plugin, theme or style and then set that up yourself.

It is possible to write a convertor for the V1 pugins as well, but that will be up to each plugin author, so I wouldn't count on it!
  • Thanks. Is there any custom page options for V1 then?
  • Page manager sorted this out for me - cheers