Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Custom discussion grouping

edited September 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I've forgotten the vanilla name for it, but by discussion grouping what i mean is eg. Sticky. Is it possible (as core in future or extension) to allow the admin to create custom groups for the discussions? I was just thinking when i noticed the [solved] thing that on something such as a tech support forum admins may find it useful if they were able to tag discussions with a 'bug' or 'fixed' or whatever tag so they could easily see what was going on when. Does this all make sense? What do you guys think of the idea?

Comments

• lechlech Chicagoland
    You mean something like a global category that appears within other categories? Like, I make an "important" announcement and it appears as a sticky message in all others?
  • I think they want to have the ability to have custom discussion labels, so on top of Sticky and Closed you could have things like Solved.
  • yeah, jasone got what i meant. The ability to make messages appear in all categories is pretty neat too for boards where people are likely to block or only browse certain categories.
  • is it possible to create custom discussion labels ? as in additional ones
This discussion has been closed.