Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Members can edit and delete Admin's Posts?

edited April 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I was just testing with the roles and permissions of members, and despite it saying that "They have no control over the application or other members.", I find the it rather untrue.

I created a user, giving him permissions to Edit and Delete comments on a certain forum/discussion. I was able to Edit and Delete posts created by my Admin account without a problem.

Is this intended, or is this a bug, or am I missing something?

Comments

• There is (yet) no way to let users delete their own posts. Nor to disable editting their own.
  • Well that is news to me. But my point was that, how come a Member account was able to edit and delete an Admin's post when it was specifically mentioned that they shouldn't have control over other members.

Going by your post, if the editing and deleting feature is still not added yet, then they shouldn't be able to do anything at all right?
  • lucluc ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    A basic member can't do anything special, but if you add them the role/permissions to edit/delete comments, they can.

You misunderstood the way roles/permissions worked.
    The "explicitely" is just a description of how their permissions are set at installation time. That's all. If you change their permissions, they can do whatever you allow them to.
    The description is editable so you can change the description to match your permissions changes.

Indeed, a user may/should be able to "delete" their own post.
  • Ahhh I see. Thanks for the clarification. :)