Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Invite only - only admins can invite

edited April 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello! I'm setting up a private forum in which only the admins should have the ability to invite people. There is an invite-only plugin but in that one every member has a few invites. That doesn't work for my purpose. Is there anyone who has any ideas on how to do this?

Comments

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Hi Wiske,

Vanilla2 has an Invitation Only registration mode built in and you can customize the Roles of the users you wish to allow access to invitations. You can completely prevent regular members from getting any invitations and restrict that ability to Administrators only.

Does that sound like what you want?

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Hi Tim, thank you! This is exactly what I want. I tried two branches from github but both did not work as expected.

With the default master branch most of the things work and I can create topics, however when I try to visit a topic I get the 'Bonk'- error page.
    I also tried the Rc branch but I run into the following error right away:

Fatal error: Call to a member function Request() on a non-object in /customers/cherrytale.net/cherrytale.net/httpd.www/flower/library/core/class.url.php on line 121

I don't feel like troubleshooting that one! Is there a stable release available?

I'm hosted at One.com with 5.3.2 and PDO-mysql enabled.

Thanks.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    @Wiske: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with Vanilla :(

Right now we are hard at work trying to get a relatively stable Release Candidate pushed out by early next week and have been fixing bugs all over the place.

I'd be happy to work with you to get your forum up and running today, if you like.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• @Tim: That would be nice since I need it to get running very soon!

How are we going to do this?
  • COuld you explain where is hti invite option? I cant find it and id also like to close my forum.
  • It's only in Vanilla 2 - in Dashboard, under registration, you choose Invite. You can then set how many invites members get or if you only want admins to invite people you can choose that, and you can invite people by going to your profile and inviting them.
  • Ahh okay ive installed the latest version - Vanilla 1.1.10 but seems httas not 2 :)