Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2 - Comment box layout suggestion

2»

Comments

• Nice, I like that idea :)
  • I prefer Nevermind over cancel, but i think both serve no real purpose and should be removed.

By the time you have written a comment, a draft would be saved and hitting cancel really just erases the text on the current screen.
  • I am new here, what caught my attention causing me to stick around is the way the forum does work as a conversation. You guys have built in some slick techie stuff, but the interface is easy to use and it flows like a conversation would. I love the hyperlinked @bobtheman very cool non intrusive.

Just to see this conversation regarding if, what and where a button should be used is fantastic. I agree with Bob about double confirmations, that is just annoying. I would argue some for of cancel is needed. I know I often start to add to a conversation than change my mind half way through.

I actually do like never-mind better than cancel, just because that was my last thought as I hit cancel. I really want to add V2 to my website now. It is just awesome.
  • blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    Loads of people on my forum are asking where the 'back to discussions' link has gone with the RC1, d'oh! :D
  • blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    The button at the bottom of closed discussions is quite sweet.
  • blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    The suggestion about 'Nevermind' actually makes more sense too:

When you press preview post, it says cancel below it. To me, this suggests to cancel the preview and go back to editing your post, but of course when you click it, it removes your post.

Renaming it to 'nevermind' would overcome this.