Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

punBB to Vanilla converter?

lamentlament
edited December 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
If someone wants to tackle this, I'll lend my db to you.

Comments

• Options
    can you convert punBB to phpBB? In which case you can then migrate to vanilla. If you cant, give me a login for your db and i'll see how difficult it's gonna be.
  • Options
    no there isn't. there is a phpBB to punBB converter tho.. i used it to switch over and it was flawless.

mini i'm emailing you the info now.. do you want the phpMyAdmin access? or are you going to shell in?
  • Options
    both if possible. I find it much easier to visualise it (which i suppose is the aim) in phpmyadmin but shell might be useful for moving large sets of data. >gtalk :)
  • Options
    I would love to see something along these lines. I mean - punbb has a more simplistic DB structure than phpBB (less tables and values), so it shouldn't be as crazy as the phpBB change. However, there's still the BBCode issue to work with.
  • Options
    I am also very interested in this conversion. I would be happy to lend a hand in any way possible.
  • Options
    i was abt to use punbb and thot it was da shitz, until i found vanilla.
  • Options
    Yeah, I liked the simplicity of punBB and then saw Vanilla and I was like :o!
  • Options
    This is sorted out:

Use this converter to get your punbb installation to phpbb

and then use the phpbb to vanilla converter.

sweet!
This discussion has been closed.