Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

AutoLinks type addon for V2RC1?

sagarsagar New
edited May 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I am searching for an addon that can directly embed image or youtube videos. Similar to Autolinks for V1

Comments

• Options
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/526/magic

...but I have no idea if it works in RC1...
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    @[-Stash-] Hey, i see that in the past you was such a great influential contributer to the plugin: JQmedia 0.6.3

Do you think its still relevant today? and if so, could you please help me make this work on Vanilla 2 Rc1? (im not a coder, sorry)

Further more, if its not relevant today, then could you please point me to another similar plugin such as the one above? Well to be honest, all the plugins the Ive found on here is either for Vanilla 1 or was made for Vanilla 2 beta. So none works.

By the way, would you happen to know if a plugin like this is being built into the vanilla forum as default now? This would be great

Thanks for reading and replying :)
  • Options
    If, as and when I get enough time I'd love to look at getting JQmedia refreshed for Vanilla 1.2. I just don't see any time on the horizon I'm afraid. As it is I have a nearly finished update to my JQuery plugin that probably only needs some testing in order to get out the door!

To be honest, since it's Javascript based, there's no reason that a working JQmedia shouldn't translate pretty easily into a V2 plugin. Just hook it into the correct views and let it go...

Given that Vanilla is all about being minimalist, I highly doubt this functionality will ever be built directly into Vanilla.