Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Account Pictures

Comments

• kifo,

If you are not allowed to change permissions on files/folders on your server via FTP clients, then you need to speak to your host provider about giving you such power! Or turn off this "safe_mode" whatever it is, as such would appear to be preventing you for performing even the most basic tasks on your server files.

Who is your web service provider, by the way?
  • Thanks for the reply! I doubt I can get them to turn off safe_mode. It is clearly stated in the hosting FAQ. Oh I am running it on www.nearlyfreespeech.net.
  • If I wanted to change the file name format (dump the MD5), would I only have to adjust this line:

$this->UploadPath, md5($InputName . $UserID) .'.'. strtolower($FileExtension), '0', '1');

TO something like:

$this->UploadPath, $InputName . '-' . $UserID) .'.'. strtolower($FileExtension), '0', '1');

What value instead of $InputName would I use for their username or Full name? ($username? $fullname?)
  • Jeffk, any luck? Also does anyone know if this extension updates pictures for the user, or if it just keeps adding new pictures to the upload folder. I.E. if a user changes his display picture often, I don't want there to be 15 images not being used taking up HD space.
  • is this a secure plugin? i'm not too much of an expert on php but is it safe from someone uploading a vicious script and executing it?
  • I'm noticing that the Account Picture isn't posting to the account page. The Icon is posting instead. Is this a setting in the files?
  • I have issues with the picture sizing i have my thumbnails at 50x50, and that's fine but my account picture is at 280x *nothing* and i can't seem to do anything to change it! help
  • I'm using this extension with Jazzman's theme but after turning on the extension and uploading an image for my account, the image doesn't display properly. The image isn't lined up with the account name (it's a bit too far above meaning it displays over the dividing line between comments). So I unchecked the extension to revert back -- and now the account picture displays properly! The problem obviously must lie in the .php file, but I don't know enough to track it down. Any ideas?

EDIT: I've replaced the variable div.CommentIcon in the .php file with the fixed-width specified in the vanilla.css file and everything seems OK. Anyone know why/if this would be a problem later on?
  • do I put the uploads folder inside the AccountPictures folder? I keep getting this error: Some problems were encountered Your version of PHP does not appear to have GIF conversion support.
  • cool addon
  • How do I change the quality of the resize?

Okay here is how to up the quality of attached images -> on line 262
    if (!@$SaveFunction($Thumb, $OutputImage ))

add number after $OutputImage,

if (!@$SaveFunction($Thumb, $OutputImage, 100))
  • Nice find :)
  • Hmm, how hard is it to add animated gif and transparency support (png and gif) ? Or is that going to make the extension less secure?
  • I am really having trouble with this one. It keeps telling me that I don't have JPEG or GIF conversion support, but I don't have any problems with changing permissions on my server. The folders are both set to 777. Does anyone know why I might be having this problem with uploading the pics?
  • Have you got the gdlib libraries compiled into your PHP install? That's one you probably have to ask your hosts.
  • ok. just wanted to be sure there is nothing I can do from my end. I will get with the host. Thanks!
  • thanks for the great extension.
  • rayk
    Hmm, how hard is it to add animated gif and transparency support (png and gif) ?

word
  • Version number changed from 1.1 to 1.2.
  • Uploaded version 1.2 of Account Pictures.