Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Account Pictures

Comments

• Changes:

Version 1.2 - 16.08.2007, Jazzman
    - Removed security check as it is not needed for this addon
    - Added type="text/css" to style tag (skube)
    - CSS fix: white background changed to transparent (taylan)
    - Changed image processing to phpThumb
    - Now supports ImageMagick

You'll have to remove the old settings from your conf/settings.php in order it to work properly. I haven't found out how to resize/crop animated gifs though.
  • Has anyone gotten PredefinedAttributes working properly with this extension?
  • @Kronok: Just enable the PredefinedAttributes extension after enabling Account Pictures.

Guess my host doesn't provide ImageMagick. Is it possible to further use this extension?
  • I assumed "Now supports ImageMagick" meant that it can use that or GD, whichever you decide? Jazzman?
  • Yeah, I thought so too :] but the extension gives me this error:
    Notice: Undefined index: ACCOUNTPICTURES_IMAGEMAGICK_PATH in /srv/www/vhosts/multistrefa.info/httpdocs/extensions/AccountPictures/default.php on line 146
    whenever I upload a picture.
  • @lipa: it's missing in your conf/settings.php. You'll either need to remove all ACCOUNTPICTURES_ lines, or add $Configuration['ACCOUNTPICTURES_IMAGEMAGICK_PATH'] = ''; to your conf/settings.php

And yes, it will use GD as default. ImageMagick will only be just if a path has been given.
  • That did the trick. Thank you! ;-)
  • hi community,
    first step on this "faboulistic fo", and ... a question :
    Is there any way to chmod 755 instead of 777 ?
    And my users pictures are allways chmod 600, never 777, how can i fix that ?
    Thanks for all.
  • Hmmm... Does this need a image larger then say 64x64 to work? I've tried to add smaller ones but they will never show up. I have a 20x60 image I would like to use but I also want my user to have the ability to use upto 64x64 or anything under that.

It seems it will only work if it HAS to resize the image.

I'm not using ImageMagick, should I?
  • Images uploaded have a really low quality. Is there any way to have the process set to retain quality? I read a post above by rayk mentioning adding a value after $OutputImage such as 100. Following that the image processing changed to phpThumb and line 262 refers to something else completely.

Does anyone know where I would now put this value?
  • I was running into a problem where if I specified both the icon and account picture on the same submit I got "cannot redeclare phpThumb class", so I changed line 148 to include_once rather than include and that seems to have fixed it.
  • Resilient: I'm using an older version of this addon, I think 1.1. Haven't played with the new addon to find where it's gone to :(.
  • I just installed Account Pictures, and chmoded the uploads folder and everything, but when I test it by uploading a photo, I get the following error: phpThumb() v1.7.7-200612252156 in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 216 setSourceFilename(/my/path/to/4a99f1fa87d9aad9d670250a36c7a017.jpg) set $this->sourceFilename to "/my/path/to/4a99f1fa87d9aad9d670250a36c7a017.jpg" in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 234 The error is a whole lot longer than that, but that's just the first error that it spits out. Also keep in mind that I changed my real path to /my/path/to for this post. ;) Can anyone tell me what's happening?
  • This is going to be long but I set the permissions, I made the folders but I keep getting this error:
    phpThumb() v1.7.7-200612252156 in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 216 setSourceFilename(/hsphere/local/home/erryl/arkansaslesbians.com/hp_vanilla/extensions/AccountPictures/Uploads4cd353e1b3bee4df59c3db62a3252b22.jpg) set $this->sourceFilename to "/hsphere/local/home/erryl/arkansaslesbians.com/hp_vanilla/extensions/AccountPictures/Uploads4cd353e1b3bee4df59c3db62a3252b22.jpg" in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 234 file_exists() = 0 in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 1036 is_executable() = 0 in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 1037 ImageMagickThumbnailToGD() aborting because cannot find convert in $this->config_imagemagick_path (), and `which convert` returned () in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 1066 $AvailableImageOutputFormats = array(text;ico;bmp;wbmp;gif;png;jpeg) in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 825 $this->thumbnailFormat set to $this->config_output_format "jpeg" in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 835 $this->thumbnailQuality set to "75" in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 852 ResolveFilenameToAbsolute() NOT prepending $this->config_document_root (/hsphere/local/home/erryl/arkansaslesbians.com) to $filename (/hsphere/local/home/erryl/arkansaslesbians.com/hp_vanilla/extensions/AccountPictures/Uploads4cd353e1b3bee4df59c3db62a3252b22.jpg) resulting in ($AbsoluteFilename = "/hsphere/local/home/erryl/arkansaslesbians.com/hp_vanilla/extensions/AccountPictures/Uploads4cd353e1b3bee4df59c3db62a3252b22.jpg") in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 959 $this->sourceFilename set to "/hsphere/local/home/erryl/arkansaslesbians.com/hp_vanilla/extensions/AccountPictures/Uploads4cd353e1b3bee4df59c3db62a3252b22.jpg" in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 754 phpThumb() v1.7.7-200612252156 "/hsphere/local/home/erryl/arkansaslesbians.com/hp_vanilla/extensions/AccountPictures/Uploads4cd353e1b3bee4df59c3db62a3252b22.jpg" does not exist in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 3404 setCacheDirectory() starting with config_cache_directory = "" in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 859 $this->config_cache_directory () is not a directory in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 895 SetCacheFilename() failed because $this->config_cache_directory is empty in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 2808 starting ExtractEXIFgetImageSize() in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 2665 GetImageSize("/hsphere/local/home/erryl/arkansaslesbians.com/hp_vanilla/extensions/AccountPictures/Uploads4cd353e1b3bee4df59c3db62a3252b22.jpg") failed in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 2688 $this->useRawIMoutput=false because "fltr" is set in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 1151 ImageMagickThumbnailToGD() aborting because safe_mode is enabled in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 1201 ImageMagickThumbnailToGD() failed in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 2695 SetOrientationDependantWidthHeight() starting with ""x"" in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 2644 SetOrientationDependantWidthHeight() setting w="32", h="32" in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 2660 EXIF thumbnail extraction: (size=0; type=""; 0x0) in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 2747 starting SourceImageToGD() in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 3005 $this->useRawIMoutput=false because "fltr" is set in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 1151 ImageMagickThumbnailToGD() aborting because safe_mode is enabled in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 1201 starting ImageCreateFromFilename(/hsphere/local/home/erryl/arkansaslesbians.com/hp_vanilla/extensions/AccountPictures/Uploads4cd353e1b3bee4df59c3db62a3252b22.jpg) in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 2920 empty $filename or GetImageSize(/hsphere/local/home/erryl/arkansaslesbians.com/hp_vanilla/extensions/AccountPictures/Uploads4cd353e1b3bee4df59c3db62a3252b22.jpg) failed in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 2969 Populating $rawimagedata in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 2977 cannot fopen(/hsphere/local/home/erryl/arkansaslesbians.com/hp_vanilla/extensions/AccountPictures/Uploads4cd353e1b3bee4df59c3db62a3252b22.jpg) in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 2988 Not using EXIF thumbnail data because $this->exif_thumbnail_data is empty in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 3046 $this->gdimg_source is still empty in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 3098 ImageMagickThumbnailToGD() failed in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 3100 phpThumb() v1.7.7-200612252156 Unknown image type identified by "" () in SourceImageToGD()[3210] in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 3404 SourceImageToGD() failed in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 312

Can you help me?? THANK YOU anyone who can help me out here. Have a lovely day!!
  • edmundor, erryl: edit, <code></code> and "Format comment as Html" are your friends ;)
  • Still nobody knows how to increase the quality? and: how do i turn off the resizing for images that fit in the max- values?
  • ChadFenwick says, Sep 3rd 2007 (http://lussumo.com/community/?CommentID=74799) Hmmm... Does this need a image larger then say 64x64 to work? I've tried to add smaller ones but they will never show up. I have a 20x60 image I would like to use but I also want my user to have the ability to use upto 64x64 or anything under that. It seems it will only work if it HAS to resize the image. Got same situation, can anybody suggest how to decide this? In a few words, user uploads a images with right size, image files 've been uploaded to server, but vanilla shows a white space on where an image should be.
  • Hi, I tried to install it and also created the directories with chmod777. Nevertheless the thing doesn´t seem to work. (Do these directories need to be in "path/to/vanilla/uploads..." or in "path/to/vanilla/extensions/AccountPictures/uploads..."? Now I did both)

When I try to upload pictures he doesn´t complain about anything, but the images won´t upload.

(Btw. The addon Attachment 2 doesn´t work as well)

O.k., I finally found the solution by accident. The problem is my webhost, which doesn´t support PHP Upload. (I never heard you can permit PHP, but forbid Upload, that´s why I didn´t check that option).
    So there´s no work-around for me unfortunately :(
  • To improve jpeg quality with the more recent phpthumb-based version of AccountPictures, try this (untried, but pretty sure it will work):

Find this line in default.php

$phpThumb->setParameter('zc', '1');

after it ADD the following line:

$phpThumb->setParameter('q', '100');

(75 is the default setting)

The full set of parameters are listed at the top of phpthumb.class.php if anyone's interested.
  • I am moving my forum to a new server and it appears the image paths for icons and account pictures are not based on Application Path, they still refer to old domain and host. How do I fix this? Is there a setting that I need to change or am I out of luck. Please help