Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

ModTools

Comments

• I guess it's probably new... and I can imagine what is the culprit....
  • OK, so its got a minor "bug", but regardless, what are the basic steps to take a random assortment of comments out of an existing discussion and move them to a new discussion that you create for these "off-topic" comments? I think "merge" is fairly intuitive, but "split" is stumping me.
  • it's easy: Go into split mode, enter a new subject, check all comments, you want in a new thread, and split!
  • I've got a bug where I can't move anything into Category 1, everything goes into Category 10 instead. I commented out a couple of lines, but nothing that should affect this (just prevented a few panel additions so mods couldn't split, merge, or retitle threads)
  • Yea 'm getting a few bugs here.

- When selecting "Moderate this Discussion" I get the comments looped 2x, meaning two sets of the comments appear, one on top of the other...However, it works when I select the moderate discussion from the Discussions.php section.
    - When trying to Move Now!, I get an error, it's basically looking for the extensions.php file in the extensions folder...

Will deactivate some things n see what it might be and get back to you, unless you guys know readily.
  • Is this addon stable yet? I actually need this but I'm too scared to try it. :P
  • thx for reporting the bugs...

I will try to fix them as soon as I have time right now I need to finish a project, and then hopefully I will have some holidays ;)

so I apologize for this long break.....

apart from the annoying 2x loop bug and others little issues it works pretty well on my side....
  • Hey jawele, where should I actually give myself permission to moderate the discussions? I been trying to actually do something since I installed the extension buy I found no hints of nothing happening after I installed it. Thanks!
  • Have you looked in the roles screen under settings?
  • # Minisweeper: Thanks for your reply. On that screen I just see the roles of the forum "Administrator, Member, banned, etc" but no clue of any MoodTool Extension. I triple checked if the extension is installed and Vanilla says it is. Do you have the URL where I am suppose to add myself? I am checking here: .../settings.php?PostBackAction=Roles Is that OK? Thanks!
  • You need to click on 'edit' next to each of the roles to change the permissions that role has. It should bring up a list of things with ticks next to them showing what the role can do.
  • I'm getting the following error after enabling: Notice: Undefined index: TAB_POSITION_MOD_TOOLS in /home/.pilar/xxxxxx/xxxxxx.com/forums/library/Framework/Framework.Functions.php on line 17 edit - well I did and then it vanished. edit - after clicking moderate this discussion I got: Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.pilar/xxxxx/xxxxx.com/forums/library/Vanilla/Vanilla.Control.CommentGrid.php on line 71 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.pilar/xxxxx/xxxxx.com/forums/library/Vanilla/Vanilla.Control.CommentGrid.php on line 71 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.pilar/xxxxx/xxxxx.com/forums/library/Vanilla/Vanilla.Control.CommentGrid.php on line 86 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.pilar/xxxxx/xxxxx.com/forums/library/Vanilla/Vanilla.Control.CommentGrid.php on line 86 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.pilar/xxxxx/xxxxx.com/forums/comments.php on line 43 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.pilar/xxxxx/xxxxx.com/forums/comments.php on line 51 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.pilar/xxxxx/xxxxx.com/forums/comments.php on line 56 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.pilar/xxxxx/xxxxx.com/forums/comments.php on line 56 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.pilar/xxxxx/xxxxx.com/forums/comments.php on line 59 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.pilar/xxxxx/xxxxx.com/forums/comments.php on line 64 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.pilar/xxxxx/xxxxx.com/forums/comments.php on line 64 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.pilar/xxxxx/xxxxx.com/forums/comments.php on line 64 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.pilar/xxxxx/xxxxx.com/forums/comments.php on line 67 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.pilar/xxxxx/xxxxx.com/forums/comments.php on line 72 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.pilar/xxxxx/xxxxx.com/forums/comments.php on line 72 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.pilar/xxxxx/xxxxx.com/forums/comments.php on line 72 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.pilar/xxxxx/xxxxx.com/forums/comments.php on line 75 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.pilar/xxxxx/xxxxx.com/forums/comments.php on line 80 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.pilar/xxxxx/xxxxx.com/forums/comments.php on line 80 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.pilar/xxxxx/xxxxx.com/forums/comments.php on line 80 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.pilar/xxxxx/xxxxx.com/forums/comments.php on line 83 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.pilar/xxxxx/xxxxx.com/forums/comments.php on line 88 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.pilar/xxxxx/xxxxx.com/forums/comments.php on line 88 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.pilar/xxxxx/xxxxx.com/forums/comments.php on line 88 NOTE: this didnt happen before.
  • I have two forums. I've updated to Vanilla 1.1.13 with one but still with 1.1.12 on the other.

My problem is that the list of categories below 'Move Now' has disappeared on the 1.1.13 forum.
    Now I don't know if it was there before I upgraded as it is a new forum and I hadn't needed to use the ModTools before.
  • what is 'enter new discussion title' supposed to do? for me, it does nothing. sometimes when i merge two discussions, i can't edit the first post and change the title. i can change it in the database but it should probably be a bit easier to manage the thread title. also, merging multi-page threads is a bit daunting and a 'select all' box would be handy. sorry to criticise, this is a great extension and i really appreciate the hard work that's gone into it.
  • I am getting the following after an install of ModTools. Any ideas? Thanks! Notice: Constant APPLICATION already defined in /home/content/n/e/p/nep16/html/vanilla/appg/version.php on line 14 Notice: Constant FRAMEWORK_VERSION already defined in /home/content/n/e/p/nep16/html/vanilla/appg/version.php on line 15 Notice: Constant PEOPLE_VERSION already defined in /home/content/n/e/p/nep16/html/vanilla/appg/version.php on line 16 Notice: Constant APPLICATION_VERSION already defined in /home/content/n/e/p/nep16/html/vanilla/appg/version.php on line 17 Notice: Constant MODE_DEBUG already defined in /home/content/n/e/p/nep16/html/vanilla/appg/settings.php on line 210 Notice: Constant MODE_RELEASE already defined in /home/content/n/e/p/nep16/html/vanilla/appg/settings.php on line 211 Notice: Constant FORMAT_STRING_FOR_DISPLAY already defined in /home/content/n/e/p/nep16/html/vanilla/appg/settings.php on line 214 Notice: Constant FORMAT_STRING_FOR_DATABASE already defined in /home/content/n/e/p/nep16/html/vanilla/appg/settings.php on line 215 Notice: Constant MAGIC_QUOTES_ON already defined in /home/content/n/e/p/nep16/html/vanilla/appg/settings.php on line 218 Notice: Constant IN_VANILLA already defined in /home/content/n/e/p/nep16/html/vanilla/appg/settings.php on line 230 Fatal error: Cannot redeclare addconfigurationsetting() (previously declared in /home/content/n/e/p/nep16/html/vanilla/library/Framework/Framework.Functions.php:22) in /home/content/n/e/p/nep16/html/vanilla/library/Framework/Framework.Functions.php on line 30
  • i now can't see modtools at all after upgrading vanilla to 1.1.4
  • that is weird. i have 1.1.4 and i have mod tools anyway you should try downloading it again and putting it in the extension folder again
  • As I have understood, this add-on does not work on vanilla 1.1.4. Or I am not right?
  • anyone?
  • When I merge comments into a sunken thread, its causes the the thread to float to the top-- which is troublesome, and I'm trying to merge people's fights/bickering into a thread so they can continue fighting without it further derailing the conversation.

Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening?