Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Pre-Moderation

MarkMark Vanilla Staff
edited May 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Pre-Moderation

Comments

• I'm gonna totally derail this discussion by using it to point out that adding this functionality to the addons site was one of the best things you've done Mark. It makes it much easier to support addons and also highlight when new ones are added or updated. Thumbs up.

I still think it would be useful to have some sort of ratings system back though..?
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    :P
  • on signing out: Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/.pilar/vbunet/xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/forums/extensions/PreModeration/default.php on line 285 Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::AddTab() in /home/.pilar/vbunet/xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/forums/extensions/PreModeration/default.php on line 290 Also a question - Does this basically turn everyones post's into those for moderation except those who have the accept/decline comment role enabled? Meaning, will my regular users without that permission end up having there post's go through moderation or can I select certain roles to have the comments moderated?
  • Thanks for this :) Lot of people were asking for this

When you approve it looks for http://localhost/vanilla/settings/PreModerationList/
    which doesn't exist. need a Rewriterule

All extension.php pages now have a notice
    Ooops! You have reached this page by mistake!
    The default option should be blank cause other extensions also use the extensions.php page

While you're at it can you make the Pre-moderation link Appear under "Extension Options" and not Options
  • This is absolutely shocking. The problem with allowing such a wide range of users on this community is that some idiots like Mark slip through the net and then they can just upload whatever they want to the Addons site. It's all very well in theory but this addon is clearly poorly written and just going to cause headaches for the users and the rest of the helpful experts on this community. I might have to have words with the boss about tightening up the rules for approving applicants...

Vaz - did you upload the changed core vanilla files (tut tut, Mark, poor practice again!) into the vanilla library as instructed? It looks like there's something a bit iffy with your Menu class (not that that should have anything to do with those core files, I dont think..)

As for your other question, judging by a quick glance at the code (bugger me that's a lot of code!), yes, all your members will need to be moderated. Any chance to only make certain roles have to be moderated, Mark? Unless that's already in there and I didnt pick up on it.
  • Also Schizo, yeah the new changes will make it to the core.
  • Minisweeper
    I still think it would be useful to have some sort of ratings system back though..?
    Plus Daily or Weekly download statistics. like in Wordpress Extension Statistics
  • *Dumb momment* , just realised theres a directory called 'UpdatedVanillaFiles' for a reason! LOL. Basically what I was thinking to do was have guest post's go through moderation. From what I'm understanding I'm not going to be able to do exactly that without giving other community members (who are crack heads) to view/moderate & bypass the whole checking themselves. I'll give this another shot later on in a few hours & see what happens.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    HMMM. Good ideas all around. I actually wrote extension on the side for a client and he agreed that I could release it to the addons site when finished. So far it is done to his specification, but I think what you guys have mentioned are nice additions, so I'll probably throw them in there as well...
  • Uploaded version 1.1 of Pre-Moderation.
    This update includes addition of delegates to the CategoryManager class (be sure to update your copy if you are using Vanilla 1.1.2).
    It fixes a problem with categories and discussions where errors are thrown on the discussion list when looking at a particular category.
    It also fixes a problem that causes the extension page to say "oops" when it should say nothing.
  • Uploaded version 1.2 of Pre-Moderation.
    Fixed a bug that caused an error to be thrown when signing out of the application.
  • I installed, then freaked out when i saw the discussion page suddenly blank... then located the pre-moderation approval page... it would be *very* nice to have some kind of bulk approval thing. Doing all of these pre-existing discussions is *killing me*!!! Also, the ability to edit a post prior to making it public would be nice too.
  • also, is there a way to generate an email to moderators so they know that there are discussions requiring approval?
  • uh, well that's a bit funky... it seems that all my discussions are now ordered according to who posted the first discussion question, rather than by the latest comment. any way to change that?
  • okay... one more question.

When a user posts a comment or a discussion, a message appears that thanks them for their comment. When this happens, the page seems to not include the head.php or foot.php file from my theme folder (i've edited the head.php file so that my forum looked the same as the rest of my site) and as a result, looks a bit messed up. Thoughts?
  • I also have a feature request for this excellent extension.

Please can we have a checkbox added to the Roles and Permissions that enables a role to be exempt from this. I would really rather not have to pre-moderate my own comments ;)

If this already exists (my brain is mush currently), please will someone show me where it is?
  • I'd also be really interested in a way to let certain roles be exempt from moderation.
  • Requires Vanilla 1.1.2 means It won't work with later versions?
    I have installed 1.1.4 and enable this extension, then I go to discussions and show me this message on it.

Unknown column 't.Approved' in 'where clause'

I delete the PreModeration folder and all came back to normality. How can this happen?
  • Is there an ETA on making plug-in 1.1.4 compatible? Thanks.
  • Does this work with 1.18? Doesn't for me.