Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Signatures

TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Signatures

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

Comments

• How does your plugin differ from that one?
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    I had 2 primary goals when writing this plugin:

1) Make use of the new UserMeta table
    We added a user indexed Key/Value store in RC2 and I wanted to write something that made good use of that feature in order to help us find ways we could improve it. Signatures 1.1 uses UserMeta to store its data instead of modifying the User table.

2) Keep users happy
    Signatures are often a point of contention on forums, some users love them and others actually hate them. I wanted to make a Signatures addon that gave both groups what they wanted. With this addon, people that like signatures will be able to see them, while those that hate them can disable the feature just for themselves. I think this is quite unique and solves the problem well.

I'm going to add a permission in 1.2 which will let signature usage be further restricted by roles if desired, allowing them to be used by admins as a reward for their users, or to simply restrict certain abusers from ruining the feature for everyone else.

Hope that helps.

• this will is great!^^
    Minor Version Update - v1.1.1

* Small bug using an array function caused signatures to be hidden for non admins. Fixed.
    * Small style fixes

Minor Version Update - v1.1.2

* Consolidated lookup SQL
    * Improved image-hiding code

Minor Version Update - v1.1.3

* Allow admins to edit signature contents of other users
    * Fix iterator misuse in CacheSignatures