Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

User List Module

User List Module

Comments

• Hm... After further testing, I've discovered that Vanilla leaves deleted users in the database and my plugin does show deleted users when calling the table. I will post another version as soon as this is fixed.
  • Uploaded revision 0.2 - The module no longer shows users that have been deleted.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Hi @ellieroepken

I was checking out your plugin and I noticed some odd behavior when I enabled images.

Is that normal?

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• @Tim That looks like a CSS issue. I will look into it. Thanks for telling me.
  • Also, It seems that in RC3, they moved the user photo data to another table altogether. I will change the requirements until this is fixed. Sorry for any inconvenience.
  • Version 0.3 uploaded. Made for Vanilla 2 RC3.
  • @Tim, if you are running RC2 and need this to be fixed, go to the UserList plugin folder and open class.userlistmodule.php. Go to line 58 and change 30% to 29%, so that line should now read 'width: 29%;'.
    @ellieroepken I'm a Vanilla Dev, just reviewing new addons :) I noticed a bug and figured I would report it for you.

Is there anything I can help with?

• @Tim Sorry, I realized that after I left you that comment. :P I'm new to developing plugins. I don't think I need help right now, but thanks so much for letting me know about that bug!
  • Rolled back to 0.2 and made the CSS fix... I realized that I was running RC2 locally and photos were being called differently in RC2 than in RC3.
    User profile pictures are going to stay in GDN_User.Photo from now on and through the V2 release. We're probably going to get rid of the GDN_Photo table soon.

I just tried it again and the alignment seems to be mostly fixed, with 1 exception. When you combine users that have photos, with users that do not, you end up with strange alignment problems. I was thinking that maybe if the user check the 'Photo' option, you restrict your query to pull only users that actually have pictures.

->Where('u.Photo IS NOT NULL')

Just an idea ;) On the other hand, you could simply mandate a fixed height for all the image boxes and remove names for users that have an image (putting the name in the Alt tag maybe).

Something like this?

• Hm... thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll go with hiding the user name, and maybe making an option for hiding users who don't have pictures. How do I use the alt or title attributes using Vanilla's Img function?
  • Nevermind, I got it.
  • Version 0.3 uploaded - Added option to only show users with photos, and removed user's names unless you decide to use the text list. You can see the usernames when hovering over the pictures.
  • Not bad, I like it's style very much, good work, especially for your first plugin.

I hope to be uploading my first soon, soon as I work out the bugs :d

One request, though; could you add a total members number next to the title on the box?

Hopefully not that difficult, thanks.
  • That doesn't sound too difficult. Hopefully I can get that up soon.
  • @zodiacdm I've uploaded version 0.4, which includes the option to show the total number of users registered to the forum next to the title.
  • perfect, thank you :)

look forward to seeing more of your work ;)