Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Recent Activity

edited May 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is there any way I can enable or have "recent activity" just like the one here on this forum?

-tim

Comments

• Thanks!
  • @dykam Is there anyway to get just this feature from here?

Also, can you please confirm that this works on Vanilla 2 RC1?

Thanks
  • I'm not using this Theme,you'll have to figure out yourself.
  • The theme isn't working in the latest version of vanilla 2
  • @becool I just copied the file hooks.php into the default theme. It worked for me.
  • @sjoerd Yea, I really wanted the vanilla forums theme for Vanilla 2 RC1 but saw it was supported. So I settled for just trying to get the "recent activity" until a full compatible version came out. Oh well. Perhaps @mark can fix this for us? :)

@Detective Thanks. I will give it a try and report back with any thing I find

• My version is V2 release

i use theme is vanillaforums.org

want use "Recent Activity"

but it isn't working

i hope it in my V2 working

or i need how to , who help me

thank you all ^^
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    it seems to be a new feature that they added with the newest redesign of the forum, and i guess we will have to wait until it's released as a plugin or as part of a future version of vanilla 2
  • yep! ok~

will wait it ^^
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    it should be soon...i can't wait either

i think it was a perfect way to tie all the social aspects of vanilla together in an easy to see box...forums will never be the same
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    The recent activity is part of vanilla core and you should have it. If you imported from Vanilla 1 you won't see anything there because there weren't any activities to export.

We didn't put the link to recent activity, but you can edit your theme and put a link to /activity there.
  • hginlihginli New
    edited July 2010
    my /applications/dashboard/modules

have a class.recentactivitymodule.php

it write

/**
    * Renders the 5 most recent activities for use in a side panel.
    */

i think it is "Recent Activities" module

i need how edit

need use vanillaforums.org theme hooks.php !?

can help me !?

thank you all ^^
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Oh shoot, you're right Dykam. For some reason I thought you were all talking about the the activity stream page. Looks like @Raize had the correct answer.
  • I just downloaded the theme that Dykam pointed too, but there's no Recent Activities in the sidebar, and no hooks.php file...

Any help? I'd like to have a Recent Activities box in the sidebar on the default theme.
  • remoukremouk New
    edited November 2010
    Considering the needs, I created the simplest addon to do that: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/recentactivity-plugin

Hope it helps!