Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Force Guest errors on enable

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
When this plug in is enabled on my installation, it tries to redirect to a domain/entry which returns a page not found error. Is there a variable in the file that I need to change?

Comments

• JeffDunneJeffDunne New
    edited August 2010
    Check the URL in the "header('location: ...." statement in default.php file (in the plugin directory).

If you're using friendly URL's or have vanilla in a different directory then you'll need to edit this line.
  • What page should it point at? It currently reads

header('location:\entry');

I installed the Vanilla app in directory in a dir called
    D:\websites\vanillaForum

This is the root dir for the website (windows IIS) The rest of the forum seems to work fine.
  • The URL in the plugin assumes the use of friendly URLs.

So if you aren't using friendly URLs (your vanilla URLs contain the index.php reference), then the entry URL should be 'index.php?/entry'

Easiest way to sort the problem is to navigate to your entry page using a browser and then copy the URL used to access it.
  • Thanks, that seems to have fixed it.... I'm sure I tried that before but either way all OK now.
  • Some users have said that removing the 'slash' before 'entry' on line-47 seems to work for installations in subdirectories, so that it reads:
    header('location:entry');
  • Some users have said that removing the 'slash' before 'entry' on line-47 seems to work for installations in subdirectories, so that it reads:
    header('location:entry');
    I changed line 47 from location:/entry to location:entry and it worked

Thanks

• i think that´s a core problem, because when i click on log off, then the word "log off" will not expire, i had to select an other path to the forum ex. xxxxxxx/forum/index.php?p=/entry/signin&Target=discussions an then i can log in and the word log an apears. hmm whats that problem.

Here thy it by your self: http://www.regalinspektion-software.de/forum/