Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Structured Support Forum

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Shouldn't your website have a more structured support forum? Instead of just having questions?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Yes ! You are right .Some of the Vanilla forums users like me are waiting for the ability to customize Vanilla forum's site like a support forum .

I hope the VanillaForums team implement it in near future .
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Vanilla has supported Categories from the start.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• MikhaelMikhael New
    edited August 2010
    Personally, I find these forums easy to use, though @Tim, it would be worth using the DiscussionExcerpt2 plugin in these forums to make it easier to see what's inside the discussions. (I set it to 14 words so there's only one line displayed and it's very effective).

Other than that, I think separate forums for Vanilla 1 & 2, with distinct URLs, would be a great help. There are posts here for v1, and too many unnecessary questions like, "Which version of Vanilla are you using?" in discussions. (Or rather, they should and would be unnecessary with separate forums).
  • edited August 2010
    Vanilla has supported Categories from the start.

I know you support them Tim, but what I am saying is why don't you use that feature on this Support Forum where everyone asks random questions all in one area? It would organize these forums a lot more.