Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Gravity Insights: Real-time forum analytics for Vanilla2 version 1.1.0 plugin ives this error....

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Fatal error: Call to undefined function ObjectValue() in /srv/mysite.co.uk/public/htdocs/forum/plugins/GravityInsights/default.php on line 296

Does anybody know why this should happen?

Thanks

Comments

• That stopped my site from working altogether.......dont think I'll be using that again.....
  • Just out of a matter of interest, what causes that, and how do you get over it, just in case somebody wants to use it and comes across the same problem.,

Thanks.
  • bobthemanbobtheman
    edited August 2010
    piwik http://www.piwik.org

its opensource :) and its awesome
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Vanilla 2.0 final removed the old ObjectValue function in favor of a singular GetValue function that works for both objects and arrays. The plugin you're using is simply out of date. If you really want to use it, just go and replace ObjectValue with GetValue in the code.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• this solution works, but when i click on any of the discussions i get the same error!!!
    You've probably missed one or two places where ObjectValue is called.

• i replaced all the ObjectValue with GetValue using find and replace tool
    Paste the new error you get. Verbatim.

• Now i'm able to Enable/disable the pulgin but i get this ERROR when i click on any of the disussions!

Fatal error: Class 'Gdn_DiscussionModel' not found in /customers/strukts.com/strukts.com/httpd.www/plugins/GravityInsights/default.php on line 320

Thx for your help
  • Remove "Gdn_" from Gdn_DiscussionModel and Gdn_CategoryModel.
  • First: @Tim - thank you kind sir for helping Gravity Insights folks out.

Second: Apologies to all for taking so long to get to this one.

We've been swamped with major changes over here at Gravity (dev team staffing, major back-end performance optimizations, etc.) and somehow these fatal errors totally fell through the cracks - #mybad!

We're actively working on an updated plugin now that will hopefully resolve the ObjectValue() and Gdn_ related Fatal Errors quickly so everyone can just get back to clicking "enable" to get our plugin to work so more import forum admin stuff can get done.

We'll update this and other threads with news of the plugin's release once it's ready.

Thanks for your patience!

- The Gravity Insights Team
    insights@gravity.com