Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Editing the forum title?

I seem to just have 'All Discussions' as the forum title - how can I add some custom text after that, on every page?

Comments

• Options
    Dashboard > Site Settings: General > Application Title

... is where you change the forum title.
  • Options
    kalloszkallosz New
    edited November 2009
    Ok, but the application title does not appear on every page which makes positioning.
    I found the file where you can add a description and title of this application.

/applications/garden/modules/class.headmodule.php

Line ~203
    $Head[] = '<title>MY title :: '.$this->Title().'</title>'; $Head[] = '<meta name="description" content="something....." />';
    A description is not included in the code so I added it
  • Options
    Oh, you mean the HTML title in the browser title bar ... I thought he was referring to the forum title inside the page.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    That's it, I was after changing the Page Title (browser-bar title) thanks for that kallosz.
    I had tried Karawynn's suggestion before but that didn't seem to affect the start page title of the blog.

By the way I put the file in the theme folder (inside a 'modules' folder) but no joy until I changed it in the core file.

I reckon this kind of thing is important for SEO and so on, at least for the description and title. Anyway this is my quick ugly attempt:

*couldn't get the code to display, but involved cleaning up the title into description, stripping words and spaces for keywords meta tag*
  • Options
    This should be an option in the Garden/Vanilla dashboard.
  • Options
    Agreed - this would be great to have in the Dashboard.
  • Options
    Agreed, also, has this path changed with the latest release?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    We've changed the way it works a few times, now. In the end we decided that the application-defined page title (ie. the title defined by the current page) comes first, and the overall "banner title" comes second. The Banner Title is editable in your dashboard.

You'll notice that all pages on this site have the page-specific title first, followed by a dash and then the banner title.
  • Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    I like how it is now on Vanilla 2
  • Options
    how can i change the title of the main page ?
    i'm not very happy with the title "all discussions"
This discussion has been closed.