Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

IPB to Vanilla

edited September 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello All,

I'm looking to convert from IPB 3 to Vanilla.

I've browsed the forum and addons section for some time and am unable to find a way to do this.

I note there is an old script that exists that used to allow older versions of IPB to be converted over but from the comments this appears to no longer work.

What I am looking to do is bring over user accounts and user posts. The IPB profiles and such are not needed, just the posts and user accounts.

I'd appreciate if someone would let me know if there is a way to make this happen.

Thanks,

Tom

Comments

• Options
    I'll assume this is not possible then.

Thanks,

Tom
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm attempting to upgrade the Invision script available in the downloads section to work with IPB3 myself.

As I am not a programmer, it is slow progress.

So far I've managed to get the script to import all topics/threads from IPB to Vanilla. When I say topics/threads, it's brought over the topic/thread TITLES and not the body.

The other issues is that I am thus far unable to get it to import any of the members from IPB.

If anyone out there has experience with IPB migration, I'd appreciate some help.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    We do have importers on our roadmap ( http://vanillaforums.org/page/ProductRoadMap ), and IPB is definitely up on the top of the list. We are working hard at stabilizing the V2 codebase right now, and we'll start working on importers after V2 is released (unless someone from the community gets to it before us :).
  • Options
    Mark, any timeline? I am also *very very keen* to move to Vanilla once the importer is available.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @sagar I don't know of anyone working on this yet. Someone will definitely update when this bit is under way :)
  • Options
    I have a WBB3.1 converter to Vanilla :)
  • Options
    If there now is a converter for Invision Power Board -> Vanilla I really would like to know ;)
  • Options
    Hey, can you provide a link to the wbb3.1 to vanilla converter please? :)
  • Options
    Any news?
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    The importer currently supports vBulletin, phpBB, Vanilla 1, and bbpress. SMF and IPB are next on the list.
  • Options
    I'd suggest you move your IPB to phpbb or smf, then migrate from that to Vanilla!

My last migration to Vanilla I was migrating from Drupal...

Originally I was going to bbpress - so I had to go...
    Drupal -> smf -> phpbb -> bbpress

Then after a week with bbpress I ditched it and migrated to Vanilla with a wordpress authentication bridge.

The users are all using their original passwords, and all the content is across.
  • Options
    Any news for the IPB3 converter to vanilla ?
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    No additions to the exporter recently, sorry.
  • Options
    I tought it was on the top of the list..
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    List of forums to support. Unfortunately, we haven't had much time for the importer lately.