Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

custom fields for discussion

edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm trying to add a 'location' custom field to new discussions - surely there must be a way to do this without me writing a whole plug in?

Comments

• Options
    I've just been looking around some more. I'd love to use Vanilla because it looks so clean, but it seems to me that the plugin architecture is really quite difficult, and not something I want to learn just to add a single custom field to a new discussion.

Am I approaching this in the wrong way? Perhaps it's not as difficult to develop for as I think? Or is there an out of the box approach to this?

It seems to me that a plugin to add custom fields might be something that the community would really benefit from... I know its a very common part of moding wordpress to your own needs.
  • Options
    I understand no one has got back to me on this, but I really would be enormously grateful if anyone could advise me on a sensible way of adding a db column to the discussions table and writing and retrieving data from it.