Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Upgrading from vanilla 1 to vanilla2 with multiple email addresses

jrossjross New
edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Right now - I allow multiple screen names per one email address. It appears that this will have an issue with the new system, email address is probably a unique field. Are there any workarounds? Will I get an error when I try to import?

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    It won't cause an error on import as far as I know, but you may need to tell members login by username rather than email. The login form already accomodates this even though it's labeled "email" so that's a cosmetic change you may want to make in the template.
  • I did see that you can use a username or email address to sign in - I will adjust the template.

I did some testing - the main issue with multiple email addresses is that if you forget your password, it will only email you one link. It may only find the first username associated with that email address.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Hmmm. Well, there are many reasons why having duplicate email addresses would be a problem, and this is just one of them. I'm going to have to defer to @Todd on this one.
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    I think your points about resetting a lost password are correct. This is a small issue, but I can't see it being a priority for us to fix at this time.