Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How do I add a google-site-verification meta tag to my forum?

edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm really impressed with Vanilla and I like how easy it is to set up. I had it working to my satisfaction within 30 minutes of downloading it!

Google site verification I imagined was widely used enough to make the addition of the meta tag as straightforward as when setting up the captcha string. It's not and I've tried searching the Vanilla forums and google to find out how to do this.

I haven't taken the time to understand how the Vanilla php is put together so I just don't know where to put this string. Please help!

Many thanks,
Michael.

Comments

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    When I verified with google I used the file method. Worked amazingly.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I speculate you could paste it into default.master.php and that would work, especially since you don't need it long-term (it'll get overwritten during upgrades).
  • Lincoln, thanks, default.master.php was all I needed. I'll make a note about it being blatted during an upgrade.

Tim, I hadn't heard of the google file method. I'll check it out next time. Thanks.