Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

RSS Url?

DanDevineDanDevine
edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Where is URL for the RSS feed entered in the plugin?

Tnx

Comments

• oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭
    You need to put it in the PHP-file "default.php" of the Last RSS-Plugin.

@Todd : where have the comments gone which were posted to an addon in the "old" vanillaforums.org??
  • Ok Thanks,

I found the line but get a fatal error when I enable the plugin. Can you give me a sample format of that complete line with a sample url? I tried a couple of different formats but none appear to work.

TIA

Dan
  • fatal error for me as well.
    edited August 2010
    Sorry @DanDevine & @Desmanthus, seems also to be incompatible with the offical Vanilla2 Release (built it with RC2 back then).

I will look into fixing it asap. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
    Olver
  • So? Any news of the update???
  • None- so i emailed the developer (he commented his email in the code).

As christmas time (meaning some spare time) is approaching, this is definitely on my to-do list. Sorry for the long delay...
    Dear all - version 1.3 is available!
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/565

Changelog
    - fixed to work with Vanilla 2.0.16
    - added a Settings menu to change the Feed URL & Title

Have fun :-) @waynec @abacus @desmanthus @dan+devine
    Oliver
  • Why it can not work with Blogger post feed ? Example http://baiviet.vietnamgiapha.com/feeds/posts/default
    @vuzzan I have to check this. Did you use the correct Feed URL? Are you sure it's an RSS feed, not ATOM?

I use a third-party class for loading the feed - it could be a restriction of that. But I will check, thanks for the sample url.