Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

feedback and suggestions

please leave your considerations here.
bugs, feedback, improvements...

Comments

• Options
    How is this different to the voting plugin, that is used here?
  • Options
    this is more simple.
    you can give your vote to a comment and view below who voted it and what vote he gave.
  • Options
    Maby you can put a screenshot on the Addon page, so people can see the different.
  • Options
    there you go. screenshot added
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I've installed this on my dev server and really like it. Voting is different, like Digg or Reddit. Kudos is similar to Facebook's Like - which is perfect. Just what I needed!

What would be nice is that when someone likes a post, it appears in the Activity Feeds.

I've also edited the plugin so that it shows different wording when up-voting / down-voting. Maybe there could be a preference panel for the plugin that allowed you to change the wording, but also have a checkbox to post to activity feed?
  • Options
    thank you for you feedback. i'll definitely fix the wording using vanilla's internal T() function for localization.
    also i'll check the activity feed thing. nice one!
  • Options
    screenshot isn't working by clicking.
  • Options
    On the first post (fist thing in the discussion, not a comment), Kudos DON'T works with ajax hooks and DON'T updates the Kudoers list on the fly, this list is just freeze ! Please help me to fix it. Thank you.
  • Options
    aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭
    Can you please add some beautiful icons like thumbs up? People tend to click on icons

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    nice plugin, it is better fitting my need than the voting plugin. However, I do not care much for the information who likes and who doesn't (but I can delete this easily from the plugin).

Any idea how to get this working for the mobile theme?
  • Options
    Great plugin! Does not work on mobile theme ... :(
  • Options
    plugin updated!
  • Options
    aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭
    Please add icons like thumbs up. It will be discriptive.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    meadwaykmeadwayk New
    edited March 2011
    Adding icons is, as it turns out, quite easy. I created some thumbs up and down icons (and selected icons), and updated the default.php starting line341:

{
    $Toolbar = '';
    $Kudos = $this->KudosModel->GetDiscussionKudos($DiscussionID);
    if($CommentID) $Kudos = $this->KudosModel->GetCommentKudos($CommentID);

if($this->loved($Kudos)) $Toolbar .= '< img sr c="/uploads/thumbsup-selected.png" alt="You have given this comment a thumbs up" title="You have given this comment a thumbs up"> ';
    else $Toolbar .= '< img sr c="/uploads/thumbsup.png" alt="Give a thumbs up for this comment" title="Give a thumbs up for this comment"> ';
    if($this->hated($Kudos)) $Toolbar .= '< img sr c="/uploads/thumbsdown-selected.png" alt="You have given this comment a thumbs down" title="You have given this comment a thumbs down">';
    else $Toolbar .= '< img sr c="/uploads/thumbsdown.png" alt="Give a thumbs down for this comment" title="Give a thumbs down for this comment">';

if(count($Kudos['l']) || count($Kudos['h']))
    $Toolbar .= ' (+'.count($Kudos['l']).' / -'.count($Kudos['h']).' )';

return $Toolbar;
    }

I can try and add a screenshot if you like but if the images are quite small, the effect is quite good! The selected icons highlight the user has already given a comment a thumbs up or down!
    I also hid the votes plugin from showing the votes button on the discussion pages, but still allow them to show the 'votes/follows/page views/comments' bar on the categories/discussion list pages, as they show some useful info that I can't duplicate.
  • Options
    When the user is not logged in, the +1 -1 option should not show up. It doesn't do anything. Or it should open the sign up option.
  • Options
    from memory they do show up, but if the user is not logged in, and votes, then the vote is not saved, and does not count!
  • Options
    Thanks for this addon!

I would love to have a setting to turn on or off the ability for people to give -1.
  • Options
    thanks, it work properly but I think there should be some visuality like in this page ;
    http://superuser.com/questions/268765/open-with-textwrangler-for-all-files and there should be more options to customize voting icons,boxes etc...
  • Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    This is much much better direction than the Voting plugin.. likes should show up in the activity feed as opposed to within the post

Great job
  • Options
    How can I display user's avatar instead of just name?