Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Please accept this patch to allow for turning a category into a blog

ddumontddumont ✭✭
edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
<edit>
I haven't heard from the original author of this plugin at all... So I've set up my own with the express purpose of turning a category into a blog.

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/nillablog-plugin
</edit>

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Options
    Does it do images?
  • Options
    ddumontddumont ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    @Desmanthus yes, it will format your post like it would be displayed while reading the thread. Make sure to set the max chars in settings to -1 in order to get this functionality.

I'd also be careful about spanning html tags across the <hr>

• Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Marvelous
  • Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    Awesome
  • Options
    Thank you for this, testing it out now!
  • Options
    This is exactly what I was looking for, but can I adjust the css just for this category or plug-in so that this doesn't look like a part of the forum, but an actual blog?
  • Options
    I'm extremely new to all of this. What I'd like to see is one of the Vanilla developers integrate this as a core plugin and put in the tweaks necessary to allow us to style a certain category view differently than everything else.

I bet that if I dug more into it I could come up with something... If i do, and I don't hear back from the author of this plugin, I'll create my own and start an open source project for it so others can commit.

• Options
    Thanks, ddumont. I'm extremely new to it myself- and I'm not afraid to dive in and break things (and then refix them) to try and figure it out, but this seems to be using the same CSS the rest of the forum uses- I'm not sure if I should just change what CSS it uses or if there's a better way to go about this.
  • Options
    I think what I will do If i set up a new plugin for this, is to include CSS specifically for the category set in preferences so that you can override styles...

I've been using this on my forum, and have noticed that i'd like to change post titles to be much larger.

• Options
    I haven't heard from the original author of this plugin at all... So I've set up my own with the express purpose of turning a category into a blog.

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/nillablog-plugin

• Options
    @Pumpkinberry
    http://forum.canofsleep.com/categories/blog

Check out the new CSS additions I've made to my plugin!
    I created a new plugin in vanilla and it's dedicated to only creating a blog post.

I've added the css tonight and will probably release an update soon, but the changes are live on my site.

• Options
    Thank you so much!