Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Where is the file that contains the "Back to Discussions" link? (EASY QUESTION)

edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Fairly simple question:

At the bottom of any discussion there is the "Back to Discussions" link. I need to change the actual text and link (not the style), but cant find the PHP file that contains it. Where can i find it?

thanks

Comments

• ithcyithcy New
    edited March 2011
    You will find the text in applications/vanilla/views/post/comment.php, but do not change it there, because this is a core file and your changes could be lost each time you upgrade Vanilla.

It is probably best to create a locale following these instructions and add the definition there. You can then use your new locale to change any other text you want to change in the future. (Whenever you look through the PHP and see text surrounded by T(''), you can add a definition to your locale to change this text in the application.)

$Definition['Back to Discussions'] = 'Some other text';

caveat: I've been away from Vanilla for a while so my answer may not be correct :)
  • thanks