Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"Unable to contact remote plugin"

edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi there. Just installed a brand new Wordpress and brand new Vanilla (2.0.11).

1. I zipped the wordpress3-proxyconnect dir and uploaded it to Wordpress as a plugin, activated it, all looks good.
2. I uploaded the whole ProxyConnect directory to /forum/plugins and activated that as a plugin inside Vanilla, that worked
3. Now trying to configure. Settings:

Authenticator: Proxy Connect
Integration Manager: Wordpress
Address: http://30x500.com

But I get the error: "Unable to contact remote plugin. Perhaps your blog URL was incorrect?"

The WP directory is / and the Vanilla directory is /forum.

How would I troubleshoot this?

EDIT: Mysteriously resolved itself. Can only assume it was some sort of DNS caching error.

Comments

• I recognized your pic and knew exactly where I've seen ya before. I love your design on Letsfreckle, it's one of the best on the net!
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    EDIT: Mysteriously resolved itself. Can only assume it was some sort of DNS caching error.
    This seems to be the most likely explanation. I looked at your blog and I could tell by inspection that ProxyConnect was available, so I see no reason for it not to work. Oh well :)

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• I'm having the same problem but it's not resolving itself :/

Any ideas?
  • same here ...
  • I am having a similar problem. I have tried everything and yet I always end up with the Vanilla end saying "Unable to contact remote plugin. Perhaps your blog URL was incorrect?"
  • Make sure that your theme have this call at the end {asset name="Foot"}