Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Where is blog and his ID?

edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have 2 question about this plugin:

- Where is blog? After "activate" should be available on blabla.com/blog ?
- for example my ID is 1 so when I put this number = nothing happens :/

Comments

• The ID in settings is for the ID of the category you wish to turn into a blog.

This has changed a bit with the latest version on the project site. However, I haven't released a new version here because it depends on changes not yet released by Vanilla.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I am also lost (always possible error between Keyboard and chair)

I enable and go to the settings. Key in the Category ID (17 in my case) and nothing happens... I get this message

"You must, at the very least, fill in which category ID you want to turn into a blog."
  • ddumontddumont ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    What do you mean by nothing happens?
    Nothing happens on the settings page or If you go to that category, it doesn't look different?

• That message is not an error message, just instructions on what you have to do in order to save the page.

• edited March 2011
    I put ID and saved it (Your settings have been saved), and what's now?

Img:
    http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/4321/dwm2011032621001932.png
  • The ID is for the category you want to turn into a blog. You must find the category's id by going to the section of the dashboard where you can edit them, and looking in the url for the category id when you drill down into the category you are interested in.

If you paste that ID in settings, then when you view that category, it will be styled as a blog.

There's a update on the project code site that makes this whole process much easier, I'm waiting to release it because it depends on new things not yet released in Vanilla. (Next vanilla release I'll update the plugin)

• Now, i know all about cat's url. So i will wait for update
  • remoukremouk New
    edited March 2011
    Great plugin!

Will it be possible to change the blog's url to "example.com/blog" so we don't have to stick with "example.com/categories/whatevername"?

Also, the number of comments should be clickable.

Anyway, thanks for the good work. Can't wait for the next version!
  • Please post the second issue as a enhancement issue on the project site.

You can use the existing URL paths tool in vanilla to rewrite the URL for your category. I use this on my site for the exact reason you give.

• remoukremouk New
    edited March 2011
    Done!

For the url, I'm sorry to ask it to you here, but how do you achieve that? I know how to change a category url, but the result would be "example.com/categories/blog" instead of "example.com/blog".

Thanks again for your work.
  • In dashboard on the left at the bottom there is a link called routes.

• Now I feel dumb... :D Thanks!
  • Okay. I'm getting a different message: "Plugins.NillaBlog.CategoryID is not a valid integer. I used the portion of the URL as instructed above, but this is the error message that I receive.
  • Sorry, I missed this post.

@MEC201104 have you solved this yet? Which version of nillablog and vanilla are you using?