Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Theming... and messages... request for change in new beta

ddumontddumont ✭✭
edited May 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I've been trying to get a theme working and I'm having a problem trying to align the right [div id="Panel"] with the [div class="Tabs DiscussionTabs"] top wise.

This really isn't going to be feasible unless a class name can be added to the [div id="Content"] indicating it contains one of the 3 types of messages. This may also be useful for themers who want to do extra things to really draw attention to those messages.

I tried looking through the source and I was having a hard time finding out where to hook this up. Can one of you guys look at it?

As an aside, it would be great if someone could throw up a page in the documentation section all about messages, what kinds there are (how to make the different kinds), and how they work. I posted this request here to spur that part of the discussion. I'll post an enhancement request to github for the top part.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• ddumontddumont ✭✭

• ddumontddumont ✭✭
    Alternatively, a method of specifying an alternate container by placing messages in another div by referencing {messages} where you get the default behavior if not specified... dunno if that's possible.

• @lincoln do you have any insight on this? If not, which one of the devs would be best to contact about it?

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Not really, sorry. They seem to have a keener interest in GitHub issues right now, though. :)
  • Well I made one and linked it here. Hopefully they'll see it :)

• Well I made one and linked it here. Hopefully they'll see it :)
    They'll see it on GitHub. GitHub is their working place, not the forum. Of course they hang out at the forum too, but their request was to add issues at GitHub