Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

I want to guests view all categories and discussion title but if guests click to discussion title an

edited June 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I want to guests view all categories and discussion title but if guests click to discussion title and view denied message?
Tagged:

Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Go into your Roles & Permissions page and edit the Guest role. Make sure they have all view permissions.
  • boyzforumboyzforum New
    edited June 2011
    Todd, I believe the OP wants to know whether there is a way for categories or discussion *titles only* to be viewable to a guest but not the content? Do we need a plugin to do that?
    For example, guests would be able to see a Members Private Lounge category and a description, but when they click it goes to the login page.

Thanks as always
  • Workaround: make dummy categories with a description but no content, which only guests can view. When members login, these are hidden and the 'real' categories are shown.