Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

broken medal images on left hand panel

meadwaykmeadwayk New
edited July 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,

I just installed your new update, but all I see are broken image icons. The numbers of posts beside each name appears fine.
The page is trying to find the images at this url:
http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?p=/plugins/TopPosters/badges/x.png.
Obviously the direct URL works fine - http://www.mydomain.com/plugins/TopPosters/badges/x.png.
On thread pages, I get a little white box, with no image, but no broken icon either!
Running 2.0.17.8 if that helps!
Any ideas on how to resolve?
thanks,
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭
    edited July 2011 Answer ✓
    ok new version uploaded. it can now handle those vanilla with URL rewrite and without rewrite setup. pls test and let me know if it worked for you. Thanks

Answers

• Options
    edited July 2011 Answer ✓
    ok new version uploaded. it can now handle those vanilla with URL rewrite and without rewrite setup. pls test and let me know if it worked for you. Thanks
  • Options
    Hi,

Many thanks for the prompt response. I uploaded new version, and the thread page icons started appearing, but not the icons appearing on the left panel were still broken (the links to the images were going to "plugins/TopPosters/badges..." with no slash or domain to reflect an absolute or relative file path. Having a look at class.toppostersmodule.php, I think I sussed it in line 63:
    image">

The reference to index.php?p=" needs to have a slash, so index.php?=/" and then the icons in the panel started working.
    I noticed the icons in threads have a double slash (//) after the domain. Not sure who to fix that, but the browser does not seem to mind to much (but I guess some older ones do).

Thanks for fixing, and I hope my own little tweak helps a bit as well...
    Kris
  • Options
    thanks for the info. ill check it out tomorrow :)
  • Options
    no probs, and having just read back my post, apologises for my appalling grammar, spelling and general use of the English language -I could barely understand my own post! :)