Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Whispering

edited July 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I sing up for the trial because I heard about the whispering feature. However, I don't seem to find it anywhere (and the last conversations about it in this forum are back from 2008...)
Tagged:

Best Answer

• lucluc ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If using vf.com, that's not possible AFAIK.

Answers

• lucluc ✭✭
    That's a new plugin, it might need 2.0.18 beta.

It was removed in vanilla 2, with "conversations" application being the replacement. But, it seems that the vanilla team had a paid customer request for it :)
  • Is there a way I can install this if using vanillaforums.com hosting?
  • Thanks "S" and "luc"!

"S" and "luc" actually replied my first question, but I will reject those because I made another question (above), but topic is showing as "Answered". Not sure what is the protocol here, sorry...
  • lucluc ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If using vf.com, that's not possible AFAIK.
  • Heya, what's the "Conversations" application referenced above? Is this an add-on? Or part of the core Van2 suite?
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Conversations are Vanilla's version of Private Messages from other forums. Each user has a personal inbox and can send private messages to other users, or groups of users. It is bundled with Vanilla, both on .com and .org (hosted and open source).

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• This is awesome. Will dig into the code a little later, but off hand does anybody how whispers are handled in upgrading from Vanilla 1.x to 2.x, now that this plugin is available?

Finally going to move to Vanilla 2 if we can keep the whispers. (Excited.)