Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Problem with vanilla installation 2.0.18b2 no error reporting and not complete installation

edited August 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
My server looks like that:
Apache/2.2.14 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8l mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.3.1 mod_apreq2-20090110/2.7.1 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1
client version MySQL: 5.1.41
I'm doing it on latest Chrome, but on another sever I have installed vanilla without any problems. I have tried to install 2.0.17 of vanilla forum, but it went the same.

My vanilla is in folder called forum, but I edited .htaccess file.

Installator runs, and I can enter data in forms, but when I click continue installer acts like nothing happend and forms have their default values. And there is one more strange thing: on installer page there is no vanilla logo of any css styles applied. There is a warrning that vanilla is beeing installed without a .htaccess file, but I have one in root directory, and have none in forum directory. When I put that .htaccess file in forum dir nothing changes. (well the warrning isn't viewed).

PS. I have noticed (just 5 sek. before I write this) that my server is something called IdeaWebServer.
Tagged:

Answers

• Solved! Well not quite. I discovered that when I write a siteaddress.com/forum/ it dosn't work, but when I write siteaddress.com/forum/index.php it work's, but with errors. None of the pop-up are displayed, instead site go blank.
    I think that .htaccess is the problem.
    Any help?
  • I have same problem :(
  • Solved! My hosting provider attached to all files named index.php some javascripts (used to generate site stats) and it was poorly writen and it cause on some sites to reload then over and over. When I disabled this option in administration panel of my host provider it looks that everything is working greate.
  • Thank you

There was an error rendering this rich post.